Beyond the Pattern
The SOS 2014 Fashion and Wearable Art Show
Thursday, May 1st, 7 pm, at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave.
(doors open 6 pm)
As of March 31, the SOS Fashion Show has 13 participating artists signed up, so we cannot accept any more applicants. See the Fashion Show page for a list of this year's participants.
All registered SOS 2014 artists who design and create original wearable art are invited to participate in this year's 3rd annual live runway show. This show will provide a unique opportunity for artists working in wearable art to display their work in a dynamic way with live models. The show happens a few days before the main Open Studios event, so participation in this event can help drive visitors to your studio.
Guidelines for Participation
- Artists must live or maintain an art studio in Somerville and be registered to participate in Somerville Open Studios. (Registration for SOS 2014 closed on January 31.)
- All work must be an original design, made by the artist, and shown on a human model.
- Work made from recycled/re-purposed clothing must be significantly altered so as to be reasonably considered original work.
- Work must be appropriate for a wide audience - no nudity.
- Each artist may submit up to 8 pieces.
- Artists must provide his/her own models though it is possible (and encouraged) to share models with other designers.
- All artists and models are required to attend the dress rehearsal on Wednesday, April 30th at 6pm at the Armory.
How to Participate
Please send a brief description of your work and three photos to JoAnne Coppolo, the Fashion Show Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating. You can also indicate your interest by selecting the "Wearable Art Show" option during registration.
We welcome volunteers who can help backstage, with production tech stuff, and with general promotion of the show.
Send our downloadable PDF flyer out to any Somerville fashion designers you know!